We're Hiring: Trainee Weld Inspector
We are looking for someone with prior industry experience who is aspiring to develop their skillset - perfect for anybody with a strong mechanical background looking to progress in their career.
Responsive Ltd is a group of specialist companies offering professional services including Non-Destructive Testing, Mechanical Testing and Training. Responsive has built its success by looking after the people inside and those who live and work around our business. We care and we enjoy showing it. Integrity is at the heart of reliable testing and at the heart of our businesses too. We all believe in contributing to a safer world by doing our jobs well.
We are looking for someone to work as part of a team to train to provide a strong inspection resource for Responsive Ltd within our Cumbria base. The position will consist of training in a whole suite of Non-Destructive Testing disciplines over the coming years including CSWIP, Radiography, Dye Penetrant, Magnetic Particle and Ultrasonic Testing.
We are keen for applicants with industry experience and a strong mechanical background, including but not limited to welders, fabricators and machinists.
Candidate must have:
- Willingness to learn
- Industry Experience
- Proven ability to be productive in a current role, self-motivated with the ability and drive to get things done
- To work to the values of the organisation and display high standards of integrity and professionalism towards clients and colleagues
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to work individually and as an effective team member
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to take ownership
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety – a Safety passport or CSCS card is desirable
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels
Responsive Ltd is UK-wide, with hubs across Southampton, Manchester and West Cumbria.
This role will be based at our Cumbria workshop in Workington and client sites across the North.
Why should you apply?
- 21 Days Annual Leave in addition to public holidays
- An extra day off on your Birthday!
- Brilliant benefits schemes such as Cycle Scheme, Tech Scheme, Extras (Discounts) and Byond (Cashback).
- Life Insurance
- Sick Pay
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid Volunteering Days
- Opportunity for Overtime
- Flexible Working
Closing Date: 19th March 2023
Launch your career! Apply Now